Come and join us for this year’s annual horse pull
This year’s horse pull is open to everyone! No invitation needed.
Reminder that after 3 complete pulls you guarantee yourself $100.00!So why not come to visit our biggest little fall fair around!
Bring your team and enjoy the day!
Prize pay out based On $3,000
Prize Money: $100.00 after 3 complete pulls.
Remaining Prize Money: divided by % for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.
Prize money to be given on Fair Day.
Rules and Regulations
1. The horses must be on the grounds by 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. start time.
2. All teams must complete an obstacle course prior to the pull to qualify for full participation.
3. The course shall be 150’/46m. long, with side lines 20’/6m apart.
4. To qualify, a draw of at least 20’/6m is to be completed.
5. Teams will be allowed three (3) attempts to qualify.
6. While drawing, horses must stay within sidelines of the course, or be excused.
7. a) All draws are to be taken in order. Pass-ups will be allowed after the
first 3 draws are successfully completed. (Only 2 pass-ups in a row are allowed).
b) The first 4 draws will be one block at a time – after that a
minimum of 2 blocks at a time will be put on the stone boat.
8. Ten minutes will be allowed to repair broken harness or equipment
which has occurred during a draw, before calling on the next team.
9. Contestants will draw for their position of order prior to the
commencement of competition.
10. Any forward movement of the stone boat will be considered as a draw.
11. Officials and contestants only are allowed within the course area during the draw.
12. Three minutes will be allowed for a teamster to hitch his team. “Times”
will commence from the moment the team enters the draw area.
13. a) The teamster and 2 assistants only will be allowed in the draw area.
b) The teamster must have a person to help hook.
14. While their team is hitched to the stone boat:
a) Neither teamster nor any assistant will be permitted to be alongside
of or ahead of the team – that is, they will not be permitted to “head” their team.
b) Assistants are not permitted to talk to the horses.
15. Slapping of horses in a draw area and surrounding area during a draw will not be allowed.
16. A horse is permitted to participate as a member of one team only.
17. To determine light team horses with a combined girth of 165″or under
going light, over 165″ going heavy. A weigh slip is not necessary to compete.
18. The Judge’s decision is final.
19. During the competition, attempting to or talking to the Judge, at the
Judge’s discretion, will result in disqualification.
20. Any questions regarding these rules, or the operation of the competition, are to
be discussed with the committee only prior to the commencement of the competition.
21. After 4th place a hitching fee of $30.00 is awarded (must make 2 completed draws).
Horse Pull Trophy
Donated by Judy and Brian Leigh: presented for showmanship and best
Drawing team – 50% on teamster, 50% on team performance.
(PLEASE RETURN TROPHY PRIOR TO NEXT YEAR’S FAIR)
“In the earlier years of the Fair, the Horse Pull (Drawing Match)
used a wooden stone boat with large rocks providing the weight.
To increase the draw weight, men were asked to sit on the load”.
For more information, please call Ramona at 705-636-5659